1. The contest is open to all ARTISTS, amateur or professional. A registration form available online must be filled out completely via Google Forms. Submission of the filled-out registration form shall only be done online, please click this link for the form (https://forms.gle/v5Zu7zJrkicQkY4X8). Deadline of registration will be on May 5, 2023 at 5PM. No walk-in participants are allowed in the contest.
2. The size of the CANVAS to be used is 18” X 24”. The medium that participants may use may either be OIL or ACRYLIC.
3. Only ONE (1) entry per participant is allowed. The grand winner of the 1st CWD Painting Contest is DISQUALIFIED from submitting entry by or for himself.
4. The art piece should focus on the Theme: BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD and should not bear any distinctive marks of the author.
5. The DEADLINE of submission of entry shall be on May 20, 2023 at 12noon.
6. The top three winning entries shall become the PROPERTY of the water district after the contest. CWD has exclusive rights to the winning art pieces, publish it on its website and in other media and corporate materials. Entries not claimed within 30 days from the date of awarding shall be deemed property of the water district.
7. All entries must be SUBMITTED at the CWD building in San Vicente St., Pob. I, Carcar City, Cebu.
8. By entering the contest, the participant declares that the submitted entry is his/her ORIGINAL WORK and has not been submitted to any other competition. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness or comparison of the art piece would be the accountability of the participant as he/she would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
9. The painting competition shall be judged according to the following CRITERIA:
Relevance to the Theme – 25%
Composition – 35%
Visual Impact – 20%
Technique – 20%
10. ANNOUNCEMENT of winners will be on May 20, 2023 at 4PM and the winning entries shall receive the following cash prizes:
1st prize : P20,000.00
2nd prize : P15,000.00
3rd prize : P10,000.00
Consolation prize: P2,000.00 for the next top 10 entries
The DECISION of the judges is final and unappealable.
11. CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION will be given to all participants. CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION will be given to the top ten consolation entries. The top three winners shall receive PLAQUES OF AWARD during the CWD Anniversary on May 26, 2023.
12. All entries will be on DISPLAY at the CWD lobby from May 22 to May 26, 2023.
13. For questions and clarifications, please call the office at tel. no. 520-4949/09778027883 and look for MS. KIMBERLY ALESNA.