1. The contest is open to all ARTISTS, amateur or professional. An online registration form must be filled out completely thru this link — https://forms.gle/bM5Yk9BUDg4JSrVeA via www.carcarwaterdistrict.gov.ph and Carcar Water District FB page. Submission of the filled-out registration form shall only be done online. NO walk-in participants are allowed in the contest.
2. The size of the CANVAS to be used is 18” X 24”. The medium that participants may use may either be oil or acrylic.
3. Only ONE (1) entry per participant is allowed.
4. The art piece should focus on the THEME, Groundwater: Making the Invisible Visible, and should not bear any distinctive marks of the author.
5. The DEADLINE for submission of entry shall be on April 30, 2022, at 12 Noon.
6. The top three winning entries shall become the PROPERTY of the water district after the contest. CWD has also exclusive rights to the winning art pieces and publishes it on its website, and in other media and corporate materials.
7. All entries must be SUBMITTED at the CWD building in San Vicente St., Pob. I, Carcar City, Cebu.
8. By entering the contest, the participant declares that the submitted entry is his/her ORIGINAL WORK and has not been submitted to any other competition. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness, or comparison of the art piece would be the accountability of the participant as he/she would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
9. The painting competition shall be judged according to the following CRITERIA:
Relevance to the Theme – 40% Composition – 25% Visual Impact – 20% Technique – 15%
10. ANNOUNCEMENT of winners will be on April 30, 2022, at 4 PM and the winning entries shall receive the following cash prizes: 1st prize: P15,000.00 2nd prize: P10,000.00 3rd prize: P5,000.00 Consolation prize: P1,000.00 for the next top 10 entries.
The DECISION of the judges is final and unappealable.
11. CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION will be given to all participants. CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION will be given to the top ten consolation entries. The top three winners shall receive PLAQUES OF AWARD during the CWD Anniversary on May 27, 2022.
12. All entries will be on DISPLAY at the CWD lobby from May 2 to May 27, 2022.
13. For questions and clarifications, please call the office at tel. no. 487-8500/ 09150245405 and look for SAM.